A PGDM program that is transformative and student-centric in every way.
It’s all happening now. Businesses are changing. Challenges are growing. Opportunities are multiplying. The stakes are high. The important question at this point in time- is your MBA preparing you enough to beat the onrush of the shifting market?
In Jaipuria Institute of Management’s endeavor to make management education- an experience and an opportunity of a lifetime, we try to question, think, analyse, re-imagine and re-create almost everyday, in everything we do. Result? Our students hit the ground running. We do not train them for businesses, careers or jobs. We make them life ready. We teach them to think, learn and evolve which in turn helps them grow, both personally and professionally. With the help of our outstanding faculty and distinguished leadership team, Jaipurians are pushed our students to go beyond boundaries, geographies, thought patterns and practices. We show them the bigger picture, they painted the canvas with colors of their own. As of today, Jaipuria Institute of Management has been instrumental behind creating almost 8200+ socially responsible managers and citizens of the world. Here’s how!
- Industry Connect: Creating close synergy with industry is our first priority and differentiator. We do it in multiple ways—1. Making industry guest session in regular courses compulsory, 2. Inviting industry professional to conduct workshops, 3. Singing MoU for full course delivery, 4. Ensuring purposeful summer internship in industry, quite often with stipend and a pre-decided project, 5. Conducting training and management development program for industry professionals, 6. Inviting industry stalwarts and experts in Academic Council and Area Advisory Board, 7. Organizing regular industry visits and commissioning live projects, 8. Assigning industry professionals as mentor to students. More than 200 such connect is made available to students in any given year which a huge opportunity for them not only to learn but also to create network.
Industry driven courses are run by IBM (software based analytics), BSE (financial and stock market), KPMG (six sigma and lean management), Thomas Assessment (Assessment centre), Fortis Hospital (Hospital Management), Genpact (Financial standards and reporting).
- 24 x 7 Learning Environment: Learning is divided into three phases—pre-learning, learning, and post-learning. Technology enabled online platform is created as part of pre-learning preparations. Flipped videos on core concept building are made available to students. As part of post-learning reinforcement, students can access recorded classroom sessions through mobile app and moodle platform. The classroom learning is a lot discussion and activities based where students take active part in deliberations. Pedagogies adopted in classroom is aligned to promote active learning. It is evident that learning works well for students when conditions are created in pre-phase and reinforced in post-phase. A bit of care and help offered to students in organizing their learning tends to enhance the possibility by several percentage. Jaipuria understands how learning works for students and how it can be made more practical and hands-on.
- Beyond Classroom Learning: Learning centricity is all about capturing all possible spaces where students tend to learn, both in formal as well as non-formal mode. Research suggests that 40-60 per cent learning for students occur outside classroom. A range of programs designed to sub-serve the goal of learning, fall outside the classroom. This is indeed important as to how we create engagement platforms for students. Opportunities to lead by example, learning-by-doing, and learning-by-watching make students really take charge of their own learning. Platforms such as Hot-Coffee-Hot-Issues where students discuss on current issues over a cup of coffee, WAVE (Written and Verbal English) where students practice spoken and written English, and Seminar where students present their research work to a larger audience do serve duel objective of capturing learning and enhancing confidence. Discussion Forum and Peer Learning activities do tend to bring in contemporariness and opportunity to bring in day-today happenings into the fold of learning.
- Global Exposure: Learning from global practices, visiting places and meeting people are indeed very critical for developing personal vision. Jaipuria creates ample opportunities for students to develop vision and macro view for their personal growth. Exchanges and visit opportunities have been created under MoUs with top class institutions in France, South Africa, New Zealand, Dubai, Singapore, Finland, Bhutan, and USA. Our students recently visited France, Dubai, Singapore, South Africa and similarly we received students from US, New Zealand, and France. Our students completed summer internship in Bhutan and created e-marketing plan for rural enterprises. Students from France is studying with us for full trimester exchange and similarly our students are scheduled to visit them for full term. The emphasis is on creating long term exchange opportunity for our students.
5. Outlining Graduate Attributes for life-long-learning: Quite unique to to our MBA program, the Graduate Attributes (GAs) are set to define the outcome in terms of what a student would develop in context to knowledge-skill-attitude (KSA). These competencies transcend beyond the program and tend to inculcate life-long-learning in students.. The graduate attributes are brought down and assimilated into what is called Program Level Outcomes (PLOs). This provides a larger picture about the objective of the program and what the program is expected to achieve. This also provides guideline for curriculum design, delivery and assessment of student learning. This mapping also indicates what Jaipuria as a responsible institute is contributing to the life of students in the pursuit of well being of family, society, and the entire nation.
Our placement testifies the rigour of our MBA program
Jaipuria Institute of Management’s quest for outcome-based education has led to stronger correlations between academic performance and placement performance of students. This is a testimony of the fact that emphasis on knowledge, skills, and attitude and its alignment with curriculum and measurement of learning thereof has resulted in improved student performance. Jaipuria students are able to crack national and international companies with good profile and high package (in the range of 18-20 lakhs per annum).